BALI DEMOCRACY STUDENTS CONFERENCE (BDSC) III
“ Democracy and Inclusivity ”
Nusa Dua, Bali, 5-6 December 2019
Bali Democracy Forum (BDF) is an annual intergovernmental forum initiated by the government of the Republic of Indonesia in 2008. It was created to demonstrate a progressive democratic architecture in the Asia-Pacific region. The Forum facilitates dialogues through sharing experiences and best practices in managing diversity that encourages equality, mutual understanding and respect.
Since 2017, BDF has developed further by involving students through Bali Democracy Students Conference (BDSC) which was held with the aim to transfer the value of democracy to young generation and absorb views and input from them. BDSC I was held in 2017 and attended by 150 students from 61 countries. The theme was “From Campus for Democracy”. Following the success of BDSC I, BDSC II was held in 2018 and attended by 138 participants from 58 countries. The theme of the BDSC II was “Democracy for Prosperity: Youth’s Perspectives”.
BDSC I and BDSC II resulted in documents namely “Voice of the Youth” and “You[th] Make Changes” respectively. Both documents were then used as recommendations to enhance the value of Democracy in participants’ respective countries.
This year, in conjunction to Bali Democracy Forum XII (BDF XIi), The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Republic of Indonesia will hold the 3rd Bali Democracy Students Conference (BDSC III) at Nusa Dua, Bali, 5 – 6 December 2019. BDSC III will uphold a theme “Democracy and Inclusivity: Youth and Inclusive Digital Democracy”.
The participants of BDSC III will consist of 150 students from all around the globe. During the program, the participants will share their experiences related to democracy and inclusivity in their respective countries from the perspective of youth.
The application of BDSC III’s participants must be submitted online and open for both Indonesian and Foreign Students studying in Indonesia. Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The committee will conduct selection process to all submitted applications. The committee’s decision on the selection of participants is final.
For more information, please visit our website at bdsc.kemlu.go.id.
1. Bachelor or Master student of University or College, having an interest towards international, social and political issues, particularly democracy.
2. Age between 21 – 28 years old, or has completed at least 4 semesters (Currently in the 5th semester)
3. Has never participated in any previous BDSC.
4. Good command of English both written and spoken. Having a certificate of TOEFL (paper based min. 500 or iBT min. 79) or IELTS (scored min. 6) is a plus.
5. Actively involved in various students and social organizations.
6. An active user of social media.
1. Filled in application form
2. Curriculum vitae (PDF file max 1MB);
3. Recommendation letter from university (recommendation letter from faculty or university are accepted, file should be on PDF form, max 1MB);
4. Statement letter to join the entire program of BDSC III in Bali from 4 – 7 December 2019 (File PDF max 1MB);
5. Scanned ID Card (Kartu Tanda Penduduk (KTP) for Indonesian students or passport for foreign students) and University Students ID (File JPG max 1MB);
6. Photo (File JPG max 1MB);
7. TOEFL/IELTS certificate (if any);
8. A maximum 650-word essay having a theme “Democracy and Inclusivity: Youth and Inclusive Digital Democracy” (font: Arial 11, space: 1,5, doc file max 1MB);
9. A 30-second Video Profile uploaded into participant’s social media account (please put the link in the application form). The Video must contain:
a. Short self-introduction;
b. Participant’s view towards Democracy and Inclusivity.
Registration is opened from 20 September 2019 until 10 October 2019 at 23.59 WIB. All required documents must be submitted electronically via the website.
Selected participants will be announced by email on 8 November 2019.
The committee will provide the following facilities:
1. Return domestic flight tickets from the city where participant study in Indonesia to Bali.
2. Twin-shared accommodation for 4 days and 3 nights in Bali (check in on 4 December 2019, check out on 7 December 2019);
3. Local transportation (Airport-hotel and hotel-venue);
4. Meals during the program.